Air Export Agent
Company: Nippon Express USA, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Air Export Agent
The Boston Branch has an excellent opportunity for an Air Export
Agent. We are looking for a dedicated team player, preferably with
some experience in the freight forwarding industry. The ideal
candidate will possess excellent communication and customer service
skills. Very good interpersonal skills, attention to details and a
positive, professional demeanor are essential for success.
- 75% preparation of export shipments and distribution of
- 25% general business support function as assigned
- Effectively communicate with customers, overseas agents and
- Plan and arrange carriers for each shipment.
- Prepare export shipments for assigned customers. This may
include, shipping, labeling, and distribution of cargo. Generate
pick-up orders and shipping labels as needed.
- Ensure shipments are processed according to internal and
external compliance regulations
- Filing and data entry using AS/400 system.
- Issue freight bills and invoices and responsible for collecting
unpaid invoices within credit terms.
- Own key accounts and ensure they are serviced with best
practice and retention in mind
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with Company/Branch
- Must develop, demonstrate and maintain professional, courteous
and respectful working relationships with all customers,
co-workers, subcontractors and vendors at all times.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate or significant
or relevant or appropriate working experience.
- Computer proficiency (MS Work, Excel, Lotus Notes,
- Some knowledge of general and Export Computer application
- Some knowledge of international commerce (sales and payment
term, method, customs regulations etc.) desirable
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule including
weekends and holidays as necessary
- Good teamwork skills and inclination
- Patience ability to deal with complex processes that may
involve multiple levels of approval
This job posting indicates the general nature and level of the work
being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be
an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and qualifications of
employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform
other duties as required.
Keywords: Nippon Express USA, Inc., Peabody , Air Export Agent, Sales , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!