Retail Commission Sales Associate - Furniture/Mattresses, Northshore - Full Time
Posted on: September 17, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job,
part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to
launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top
executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles,
or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the
various functions at Macy's. Job Overview: The Furniture Sales
Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer
service, meeting hourly sales, protection plan (WorryNoMore),
return rate and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental
basis while demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers.
To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel
welcome and comfortable. The associate is also responsible for
follow-up/clienteling and performing other duties as necessary
- Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions
(SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS).
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop
and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and
have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical
customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other
customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build
sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture
selection which includes both product and services such as
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward
goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return rate goal.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
reflecting Macy's commitment to our customer-the most important
person in our stores.
- Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and
contact information to increase personal sales.
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery
contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related
to POS procedures.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and
pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to
the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Follows shortage programs and procedures. Qualifications and
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs Candidates in Colorado: Click
here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits. Candidates in
Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range Candidates in Nevada: Click
here for Pay Range STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Peabody , Retail Commission Sales Associate - Furniture/Mattresses, Northshore - Full Time, Sales , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!