Project Manager - Construction
Company: Weston & Sampson
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Your world is always changing, and so are we. Weston & Sampson offers interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services that make the world a better place. Innovative and reliable, we've worked to improve the communities where you live, WORK, and play for more than a century. Come join us as we grow. Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned, mid-size company with public and private clients throughout the eastern United States. With over 550 professionals and counting, we are experiencing rapid growth and are excited about our upcoming move to a new corporate headquarters located along Route 128 in Reading, Massachusetts. Looking for talented staff to join our team, Weston & Sampson encourages professional growth and achievement; offers a comfortable, collaborative working environment; and provides training, resources, and state-of-the-art tools/equipment to promote success. In addition to a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture, Weston & Sampson offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). Weston & Sampson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If interested, please submit resume through our career portal on our website: This individual will be responsible for Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities of the team to complete specific projects and serves clients, and general repairs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Supervise and coordinate the work of staff to ensure that the job is done skillfully and efficiently and that assigned work progresses within budget and on schedule. The work is typically 1 week to 6 month long projects involving commercial swimming pools, municipal pump stations, treatment plants, and mechanical water pumping/piping systems. Work also included site and concrete work.
- Complete buy-outs for new jobs, process submittals, attend job meetings, coordinate subcontractors, schedule work, and project labor requirements.
- Assist in estimating new construction and repairs via the use of Excel or an estimating program. Type up short proposals for potential work.
- Route material and equipment to staff and relay appropriate information about the job to staff.
- Be prepared to occasionally be available by phone evenings and weekends.
- Be prepared to occasionally travel overnight by car or plane to attend meetings or supervise projects. Most projects are in New England. Average nights spent overnight are typically 20 per year.
- Provide customer service in a professional and courteous manner
- Occasionally assist with hands-on construction work (pipe, masonry, carpentry).
- Provide recommendations for improvements in projects that could be useful on future work.
- Advance professionally by attending at appropriate lectures, seminars and short courses.
- College diploma or equivalent. Engineer or Architecture preferred.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record for travel in New England
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and must be able to climb at ladder, minimum of 15 feet.
- Wastewater, water treatment, or swimming pool experience preferred
- The ability to meet deadlines, to work cooperatively with others and when necessary
- Must be able to drive a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Must have or obtain 10 hour OSHA certification.
- Must have minimum 3 years in a construction industry with progressive responsibilities.
- Proficient with personal computer and software (MS Office, Excel, Word, Project).
- Must have demonstrated budgetary and management skills.
- Experience managing subcontractors and personnel a must.
- Equipment Operator's license a plus.
- Construction Supervisor's License a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable codes.
Keywords: Weston & Sampson, Peabody , Project Manager - Construction, Professions , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!