Component Quality Engineer II- Peabody, MA
Company: Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Position: Component Quality Engineer II- Peabody, MA Job Description: Converge, a subsidiary of Arrow Electronics, is a full service, industry-leading, global supply chain partner with over 35 years of experience in electronics components distribution. We are recruiting to hire a Component Quality Engineer II. Counterfeit electronic components have infiltrated and are wreaking havoc in the supply chain at all levels. The Component Quality Engineers will be tasked with ensuring that fraudulent, suspect and counterfeit components do not escape our inspection process and find their way into the supply chain.The Component Quality Engineer II must have the ability to understand various areas of the component assembly, design, process engineering cycle e.g. Die Attach, 2nd and 3rd Optical Inspection, Wire Bonding, Molding, Plating, Marking, Trim and Form, etc.Requirements 3+ years of hands-on experience as an Assembly and/or Process Engineer at the manufacturing level.
- Knowledge of Die Attach, 2nd and 3rd Optical Inspection, Wire Bonding, Molding, Plating, Marking, Trim and Form, Coplanarity, etc.
- Experience working in a Front of Line (FOL) and/or End of Line (EOL) capacity.
- Experience designing and assembling semiconductors, microcontrollers, microprocessors, PCB, etc.
- Proven history or ability to lead and mentor various Design Engineers, Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, or similar.
- Ability to identify counterfeit components down to the manufacturer/supplier level and provide detailed analysis of the defect. Principal Accountabilities
- Inspects and assesses components to ensure components are not fraudulently altered or suspect counterfeit devices
- Conducts a detailed component inspection to confirm form, fit and functionality of components.
- Administration of various physical and electrical testing including (curve trace, XRF, X-Ray, Decapsulation, Heated solvents Testing, HP Microscopy etc.
- Utilizes intuitive decision making to assess the components correctness and authenticity based upon completed testing.
- Provides professional assessment (original, suspect counterfeit, used or fraudulently altered) of each lot inspected.
- Ensure accuracy of database used by our customers and suppliers and enable its effectiveness by developing advance tools with data attributes.
- Collect and generate parametric data for our authorized supplier's part numbers and categorize new data.
- Generate cross-references: through the parametric data collection able to generate a pin for pin functionally equivalent replacement for parts.
- Validate the accuracy of existing data: resolve customer issues related to the database, normalize and clean existing data.
- Develop advanced tools working with data attributes.
- Query data and run reports for advance applications and customer needs.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Solves a range of straightforward problems
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.#DICE# Location: Boston Time Type: Full time Job Category: Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Keywords: Arrow Electronics, Inc., Peabody , Component Quality Engineer II- Peabody, MA, Professions , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!