Macy's Seasonal - Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Security Guard, Part Time: Northshore Mall
Posted on: October 28, 2018
The Seasonal Asset Protection Security Guards primary responsibility is to work as part of a team and maintain a strong focus on customer service to meet department and store objectives for deterring theft and ensuring a safe business environment. This position involves long periods of standing. In most instances the Seasonal Asset Protection Security guard will stand at a customer and/or employee entrance/exit door(s) for long periods of time and/or walk through high shortage departments to deter theft and provide customer service.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
Any schedule hours listed in the job posting title are subject to change based on business needs. All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Deter theft by offering customer service
- Remained stationed at a fixed post, i.e entrance/exit doors, for long periods of time for extended periods of time to provide a strong visible presence
- Communicate with the Asset Protection Department
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability
- Assist Detectives with the Recovery of stolen merchandise
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store Asset Protection Manager
- Perform other duties as needed
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college is desirable.
- Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position.
Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves long periods of standing and remaining stationary.
- It also involves regular walking, hearing, and talking.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which will include early morning, day, late evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- You must be available to work Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Saturday after Thanksgiving and the entire week before Christmas and the entire week of Christmas.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Keywords: Macy's, Peabody , Macy's Seasonal - Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Security Guard, Part Time: Northshore Mall, Professions , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!