Sr Business Data Analyst
Company: TalentBoost (Point32Health)
Posted on: November 17, 2022
The Sr Business Data Analyst will be responsible for completing
complex business system and data analytic assignments in support of
departmental objectives, functioning as a senior analytic and
technical lead on a broad array of
- Collaborates with internal business and external vendor
constituents to conduct analytic assignments in support of
requested business solution(s).
- Creates a technology roadmap in support of a business strategy
with business leadership across multiple departments.
- Ensures that appropriate requirements, associated business
rules and data standards, and technical specifications for
requested solutions are documented.
- Develops design recommendations commensurate of requested
solution, ensuring recommendations comply with corporate
architectural standards and federal and state regulations and/or
mandates pertaining to the privacy and security of the company's
core data assets.
- Facilitates review of design with governing committees.
- Plans, develops and implements solution designs of significant
scope and complexity.
- Solutions may include application or extract program code,
production reports and analytic finding reports. Independently
develops solutions of considerable scope and complexity.
- Leads teams of junior analysts to fulfill components of
solutions with significant scope and complexity.
- Leads quality assurance (QA) and user acceptance testing
planning for developed solutions, and participates with business
requesters in their user acceptance testing once QA testing is
- Develops and trains IT and business personnel on test
strategies, plans, and scripts and executes test procedures to
ensure compliance of developed solution with documented
specifications. Reports test results to project stakeholders.
- Collaborates to maintain core reference domain content via
master data management tools. Monitors core dataset quality
thresholds to identify dataset content issues that require
- Initiates and manages constituent-specific data remediation
projects to resolve prioritized issues.
- Monitors production processes of previously implemented
information management solutions to proactively achieve error-free
- Performs analysis to establish root cause(s) of identified
issues through implementation and documentation of necessary
- Perform out-of-the-box thinking, collaborate with others, and
make a difference every day!
- Other duties and projects as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION,
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- MA/MBA/MS or equivalent exp. Advanced degree. EXPERIENCE
(minimum years required):
- 5 years of experience, including a minimum of 3 years in health
care data warehouse environment.
- Experience in MicroStrategy Web report development,
understanding of its architecture and schema objects;
- Experience with documenting requirements, use cases, test
cases, success criteria
- Experience in Master Data Management.
- Experience in database systems (Teradata, Oracle), as well as
end-user analytic tools like MicroStrategy WebSKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Superior analytic problem-solving skills, including business
process and data analytics.
- Data knowledge in finance or clinical side of insurance
business; demonstrated ability to develop and deliver data analytic
solutions of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong skills of organization, and the ability to prioritize
multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as
- Team player, committed to quality process and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and mentor junior data
- Advanced technical skills in SAS and SQL programming
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of data modeling;
Extract Transform Load (ETL) specifications
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative.WORKING
CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special
requirements, e.g., lifting, travel):
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work
from home as required.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and
PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work
schedule.DISCLAIMERThe above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management
retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the
position at any time.Commitment to Diversity, Equity &
InclusionPoint32Health is committed to making diversity, equity,
and inclusion part of everything we do-from product design to the
workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply
connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature
of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion
infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness,
train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide
parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic
talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status.COVID PolicyPlease note: As of January 18, 2022, all
employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated.
This position will require the successful candidate to show proof
of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal
opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to
those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with
federal, state, and local law.About the CompanyPoint32Health is a
leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an
ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our
communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality,
nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan
and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience
and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living
through a broad range of health plans and tools that make
navigating health and wellbeing easier.We enjoy the important work
we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and
communities.This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental
principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every
prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost
not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic
origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law.Req ID: R4846
Keywords: TalentBoost (Point32Health), Peabody , Sr Business Data Analyst, Professions , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!