Full-Time Patient Account Rep / Fiscal Clerk
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Full-Time Patient Account Rep / Fiscal ClerkHCRC (Health Care
Resource Centers) is looking for hard-working and conscientious
Patient Account Representative / Fiscal Clerk to perform various
administrative tasks with a keen eye for detail. The patient
account representative is primarily responsible for patient
billing, including verification of invoice information, maintenance
of third party billing records, and resolution of a variety of
problems.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, maintain, and process fiscal/account records and
transactions related to patient?s accounts.
- Verify insurance benefits and billing information by terminal
and/or telephone. Annotate accounts with insurance coverage and
estimated patient shares.
- Contact third party payers (insurance providers and
state/federal agencies) for payment post billing.
- Resolve issues with payment and billing, authorization
- Reconcile daily money collected.
- Forward information as appropriate to expedite payment.
- Maintain accurate accounts, i.e. required signatures, proper
account annotation, current demographics, and correspondence.
- Insure completion of pre-authorization process by inquiry and
referral to clinician.
- Monitor insurance authorizations and claim rejections.
- Maintains fiscal records and/or worksheets for all
calculations, extensions, and verifications related to record
keeping for assigned patient?s accounts.
- Perform tasks consistent with authorization and billing
- Contact patients for payment of account or payment arrangements
according to current policy.
- Manage revenue cycle, production logs, balances and collections
for self-pay clients.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- Assists with archiving discharged files, including
- Respond appropriately to requests for information regarding
accounts from payer, attorney, and others.
- Backup Receptionist as needed by: Checking in patients,
collecting payments, answering phones, scheduling intakes, and data
- Other duties, as assigned.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years? prior
experience in a medical office setting.
- 2-4 years? experience with Medicaid and PAC and commercial
- Excellent customer service skills and professional public
presentation skills, including telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures, documentation
and records maintenance.
- Knowledge of medical billing procedures, gather and compile
data into reports.
- Proficient in basic PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions,
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients, program management, medical staff, counselors and
- Ability to work with a diverse population, manage stressful
situations and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Schedule: M-F 5 AM to 130 PMBenefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid
epidemic Here is what you can expect from us: HCRC (Health Care
Resource Centers) a progressive substance abuse treatment
organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in
a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to
address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use
disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery
and an improved quality of life. HCRC (Health Care Resource
Centers) is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to
compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit
employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural
origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status,
sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or
veteran?s status or any other classification protected by
State/Federal laws. PI114336231
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Peabody , Full-Time Patient Account Rep / Fiscal Clerk, Other , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!