CNC Machinist Setup/Operator
Company: Winchester Interconnect
Posted on: July 7, 2019
What were looking for: Winchester Interconnect has an immediate
opening for a CNC Machinist Setup/Operator B. This position, with
some supervision, produces machined parts by setting up and
operating both Swiss-type and conventional computer numerical
control (CNC) machinery. Job Responsibilities:
- Machines parts by utilizing CNC machines to perform various
machine functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming,
boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces;
utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinability of
materials, and shop math.
- Prepares work to be completed by reading and interpreting
blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data
to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control
settings and machining methods and sequences.
- Completes machining process by breaking down tooling at the end
of a job.
- Regulates machining by completing set up procedures, changing
cutting tools and making adjustments according to required
machining sequences or to measure parts for conformance.
- Ensures quality by monitoring displays and machine operations,
detecting malfunctions and entering commands or manually adjusting
machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance
machining; collects and enters SPC data.
- Ensures 100% on-time delivery by meeting established cycle
times as determined by department supervisor; making
recommendations to decrease setup and cycle times.
- Ensures quality, assists in reducing costs and continuously
improves productivity by accurately tracking job time through bar
coding or other means.
- Maintains data by loading NC source code programs in machine
controller as well as saving proven programs back to server.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by complying with
organization standards and legal regulations.
- Perform all activities needed to complete any special project,
assignment, initiative or undertaking to support manufacturing of
- Ensures operation of equipment by cleaning machines, tooling
and parts and performing preventive maintenance. Criteria for
- Minimum of HS diploma and/or equivalent
- 3 years machining experience, with a minimum of 1 year CNC
- Strong knowledge of machine shop equipment and practice,
specifically those involving metal cutting
- Basic math skills
- Experience in reading blueprint drawings Why choose Winchester
Interconnect? Winchester Interconnect is a leading global provider
of interconnect solutions that help fuel the ever changing
electronics industry. Throughout our 75 year history, Winchesters
business strategy, technical capabilities, passion for quality, and
service have supported our customers innovation. As Winchester
continues to expand, it is placing increased emphasis on its
people, products, operations, supply chain, and key relationships
while encouraging a transparent environment that fosters
innovation. Empowerment, Collaboration, and Accountability are the
fundamentals of the Winchester Interconnect Leadership Strategy.
These values are part of our everyday at Winchester Interconnect,
and this is how we are able to do all that we do for our employees
and customers. We believe in empowering our workforce to think
outside the box and make decisions that move our business forward.
We hold ourselves and others accountable for following through on
what we say we are going to do. We collaborate between departments,
teams, business units and customers to share best practices and
become the best interconnect company in the world. At Winchester we
dream big, get stuff done and like to have fun! Full time position
with competitive salary and benefits. Visit for additional
information about the organization. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In
addition to federal law requirements, Winchester Interconnect
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. Winchester Interconnect expressly prohibits
any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
***Candidates Only-No Third Parties***
Keywords: Winchester Interconnect, Peabody , CNC Machinist Setup/Operator, Other , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!