Systems Engineering Intern
Company: Carl Zeiss MediTech
Posted on: March 7, 2019
REGIONAL SALES ASSOCIATE
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
The Regional Sales Associate (RSA) will develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Carl Zeiss Meditec Inc. (CZMI) complete product line. This position will drive sales growth through communication and in-person interactions with current and prospective customers regarding Zeiss products, while developing skills and knowledge needed for consideration of promotion to Regional Sales Manager if/when an opportunity arises. In addition to meeting individual sales goals, the RSA will work in conjunction with Regional Sales Managers to help support sales in their territories including, but not limited to: lead generation, demo/evaluation support, product training, and attendance at regional trade shows. Candidate will be expected to interact with RSM(s) on a daily basis to further personal and territory development and commit a minimum of 20% of activity to support of RSM(s) s territory. The RSA position requires the willingness and ability to immediately relocate if/when an opening arises and management deems the RSA to be the candidate that should fill it, after a minimum of 18 months in the RSA role.
The RSA commits to a development plan, assumes selling and customer training activities as directed, participates in ongoing sales certification processes and takes part in various assignments under the direction of a Regional Sales Director, but will rely on guidance from Regional Sales Manager with regards to activities that will support their personal development as well as that of the territory. The RSA will quickly develop an awareness of the complete CZMI product line and the ophthalmic market and must represent the company in keeping with the highest standards of business ethics and professionalism. Responsible for reporting/communicating to management any ideas, market trends or competitive activities.
This position may be based anywhere in the U.S. with assignments of extended duration (up to 60 days) in Dublin, CA (CZMI HQ). Relocation will be required to fill an open territory , wherever it may be located.
* Work in conjunction with Regional Sales Managers to help support sales in their territories including, but not limited to: lead generation, demo/evaluation support, product training, attendance at regional trade shows.
* Interact with RSM(s) on a daily basis to further personal and territory development and commit a minimum of 20% of activity to support of RSM(s) s territory.
* Make scheduled personalized sales demonstrations to the MD and OD market in region of responsibility.
* Maintain, analyze and utilize territory records and other information to efficiently organize, plan, execute and measure results.
* Educate and follow up with the Ophthalmologists, Optometrists and staff members on the operation, utilization and application of our product to insure overall customer satisfaction.
* Provide timely, accurate, and constructive written and oral communications to management regarding monthly activity.
* Develop and implement synergy opportunities among other ZEISS companies, Carl Zeiss Meditec field service and other corporate partners when such programs arise.
* Participate in a comprehensive training program including Dublin-based sessions (these sessions may last for 30-45 days), field training (field and HQ) and preceptorship at teaching institutions.
* Maintain a minimum score of 90 or higher in the initial product training session and all subsequent product certifications.
* Co-travel with Clinical Applications Specialists and other sales personnel.
* Perform product installation and training for customers throughout the US.
* Participate in conventions in either a sales or training capacity.
* Assume temporary responsibility for open sales territories.
* Generate sales and leads.
* Maintain consistently high customer care ratings.
* Maintain currency of, and adhere to applicable GMP and ISO 9001 processes and procedures. Abide by state and federal employment laws.
* Develop and implement creative and profitable marketing approaches to the individual demands of the region.
* All paperwork and other requested information should be furnished in a complete and timely manner.
* Four-year college degree preferably in Business, Marketing or related field
* Minimum of 2 years of successful sales experience or relevant eye care experience required.
* Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, negotiating, closing, decision making, presentation, strong phone skills, exceptional listening skills and above average problem solving skills
* Exceptional negotiating and diplomacy skills.
* High level of technical/ clinical product aptitude.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Pass the initial product training session and all subsequent product certifications.
* High degree of motivation, energy and strong work ethic.
* Team player, proven ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
* Ethical Business Practice Implementation.
* Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs. Credibility with Management and Customers.
* Must be able to travel extensively by automobile and by air, with overnight travel required.
* Must possess computer skills including Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages. and Database management.
* Must be willing to relocate to any part of the US.
* Requires clean DMV record and current driver s license.
* Documented successful sales performance (high growth, results vs. plan)
* Medical device sales experience
* Salesforce.com or other contact management experience
SPECIAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hand tools, objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with his hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
A minimum of 90% travel is essential involving air and car travel; minimum 50% overnight travel. The incumbent may be required to be in a special learning assignment for up to 60 days in a specific location, e.g., Dublin HQ.
Computer and phone work is required, often after standard business hours, in order to fulfill job responsibilities. At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE! The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Keywords: Carl Zeiss MediTech, Peabody , Systems Engineering Intern, Other , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!