Bilingual Community Outreach Specialist
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Educate and be highly visible in the 65+ Community in order to
promote Tufts Health Plan, Senior Care Options Plan (THP SCO) and
its benefits that lead to the enrollment of new members. Education
will be given to prospects and their care givers, Community Health
Centers, Providers, local Elder Services, Councils on Aging,
Housing Authorities, Senior Centers and SHINE Counselors. The
primary objective of this position is to identify prospective
SCO-eligible members, explain the features and benefits of the plan
in an assigned territory/marketplace, and assist with enrollment
into the plan. Successful candidates generate leads from a variety
of sources including networking, account management, grassroots
sources as well as from member referrals.Key
Responsibilities/Duties what you will be doing
- Effectively present the THP SCO Program and its benefits to the
65+ MassHealth populations residing in the Community.
- Meet or exceed enrollment goals within an assigned territory;
using a full sales mix of outreach & sales activities Conduct group
and/or individual sales presentations and enroll eligible prospects
on site as often as possible
- Primary activities include: community-based lead generation,
developing partnership based relationships with providers,
community-based-organizations, senior housings, senior centers,
advocacy agencies, etc. Other outreach & sales activities include:
conducting sales meetings, in-homes, conversion meetings, lead
meeting, special events, developing referrals and having regular
business reviews with accounts.
- Perform lead follow up and qualification calls to interested
individuals to explain the purpose and benefits of THP SCO and
scheduling home visits to meet with prospects.
- Maintain lead tracking and sales database for all sales
activity and consumer interactions performed.
- Submit completed enrollment applications in a timely
- Coordinate and develop relationship with key community groups
to allow THP SCO to participate in community-sponsored events.
- Represent THP SCO at community/company-sponsored events to
promote the company and the plan, raise awareness, network and
- Develop and implement a business plan within his/her assigned
- Provide weekly activity plans, result summaries and monthly
- Know provider networks (physician, hospital and pharmacy)
within assigned territories.
- Maintain good working knowledge of competitor products in the
- Represent THP SCO in a manner consistent with stated company
values and departmental Code of Ethics
- Adhere to company and departmental policies and procedures,
including abiding to all CMS and EOHHS guidelines.
- 100% compliance with completion of all required certifications,
licensing, continued education, policy acknowledgement and work
plan documents within dates of completion requirements.
- Submit completed enrollment applications in a timely basis
- Successfully complete annual product training, AHIP
certification and additional training and/or certification that may
- Perform other duties as necessary and assignedQualifications
what you need to perform the jobEducation:
- Bachelors degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience.Experience:
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience selling Medicare Advantage
products or relevant sales experience with a track record of
- Experience in community-based sales and marketing desirable.
Experience working with the elderly is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to make public presentations and
experience networking/generating leads a must.Skills/Abilities:
- Strong consultative selling and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with MassHealth is a plus
- Medicaid, Medicare and/or Long Term Care industry knowledge
- Excellent time management, organizational, verbal and written
communications skills and strong follow-up skills using telesales
techniques is required.
- High degree of planning, problem solving and good analytical
- Initiative and judgment required to successfully fulfill all
job functions of multi-faceted position with minimal
- Must have ability to work cooperatively as a team member, and
to interact professionally and effectively with managers and staff
of internal departments at Tufts Health Plan in order to handle
customer/member issues. Also must maintain excellent relationships
with external partners.
- Language skills: Bilingual required. Albanian, Russian, or
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in use of the internet,
web-based applications and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Insurance License: Must have a current, active Health Producer
license for the state of Massachusetts or agreement to obtain
within 90 days of hire.Working Conditions and Additional
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
and be highly motivated.
- Organizational skills must be excellent to balance many
components of job.
- Must have reliable car and be able to drive and carry heavy
materials to appointments and special events.
- Demands a very high energy and patience level and must be able
to stand for up to 4-6 hours at special events.
- Works 80% of the time on the road, and 20% of the time in the
office with a minimum combined 40 hour work week.
- Local travel and ability to drive own car is required.
- Job may require early morning, evening or weekend
hours.Confidential DataAll information (written, verbal,
electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at
Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to
and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive
material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy and
department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and
regulations at all times.DisclaimerThe above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned
to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or
change the duties of the position at any time.#
LI-KR1#LI-HybridCommitment to Diversity, Equity &
InclusionPoint32Health is committed to making diversity, equity,
and inclusion part of everything we dofrom product design to the
workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply
connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature
of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion
infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness,
train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide
parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic
talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status.About the CompanyPoint32Health is a leading health and
wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized
health care experience to everyone in our communities. At
Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage
of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard
Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise
to help people find their version of healthier living through a
broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health
and wellbeing easier.We enjoy the important work we do every day in
service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.This
job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health.
TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal
opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current
employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based
on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion,
creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or
local law.Req ID: R5006#TalentBoostPoint32Health
Keywords: Point32Health, Peabody , Bilingual Community Outreach Specialist, Other , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...