Beauty Account Coordinator
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our
store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are
ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building
teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the
"Academy" for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and
inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results.
Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader,
you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward.
With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store
management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
The Account Coordinator is the advocate for driving sales as the
category/brand expert in Cosmetics for assigned stores/brands.
Focus will be on elevating the store experience through extensive
product knowledge and training, best in class customer service and
collaborating and influencing store partners. The Account
Coordinator will direct consistent store execution by being
knowledgeable and strategic business partners, identifying
opportunities. The Account Coordinator will strategize and lead the
execution of Beauty events to drive sales and cultivate an
environment of continuous learning for all Beauty Colleagues on the
floor. The Account Coordinator leads the elevation of service by
empowering all Beauty associates to become beauty experts, and
support multi-brand selling across the floor. The Account
Coordinator will also perform other duties as assigned.
- Analyze business results (store, category, brand, product,
etc.) in order to identify and surface sales-driving opportunities
to achieve goals.
- Communicate clear concise priorities, strategies and direction
to Division and stores teams. Communication should be written, in
person, and virtual as needed and tailored to the appropriate
- Collaborate with Regional Merchandise Execution, Beauty Field
Directors, and Stores partners to support growth in
- Lead and participate in event execution, including corporate,
promotional, vendor launch events and virtual events. Lead local
event strategy, planning, and execution. Work with store, and
division partners to plan and execute both in store and virtual
events. Perform post-event analysis.
- Prepare for, participate in, and follow-up on store visits and
pre-season planning meetings. Partner stores and plan for both in
person and/or virtual visits to support store growth.
- Develop collaborative relationships with vendors; communicate
priorities and needs.
- Direct, observe and assess consistent execution based on
national execution guidelines and standards (i.e. planograms,
fixture placement, visual/collateral); collaborate with corporate
and store partners to accomplish. Ensure local, store, and vendor
execution aligns with national guidelines and standards. Identify
areas of opportunities; own solutions to store for corrective
- Visit competition; observe and evaluate competitive
opportunities; communicate findings to central and regional
People, Selling, & Training
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years of retail management experience, preferably in
- Be a change agent; encourage self and others to challenge the
status quo with forward thinking strategies.
- Demonstrate and drive excellent service and selling through
reinforcing customer-centric culture among Beauty
- Work closely with Beauty CSX and Counter Managers to set
coaching priorities for the department.
- Focus leaders on customer acquisition through clientelling
using MyClient to enhance client relationships and
- Support leaders in training store colleagues, reinforce and
monitor colleague engagement and completion of education
requirements and learnings.
- Support vendor partnerships and align with corporate teams to
ensure all product training is relevant and aimed at educating
store teams on improving selling techniques.
- Recognize store team performance during visits. Reinforce and
support department objectives by connecting brand success with the
overall growth of the Beauty department.
- Support the onboarding of new Beauty Leaders, and Beauty
- Support Store Leadership in hiring and recruiting Beauty team
members at assigned brand.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
--- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal
and external business partners.
--- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
--- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve
--- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
--- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching,
crouching and climbing ladders
--- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
--- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Travel Required 50%
Keywords: Macy's, Peabody , Beauty Account Coordinator, Other , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!