Company: H.B. Fuller
Posted on: November 26, 2022
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on
perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across
all industries throughout the world. While our products are
virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality
of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to
solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller is a global Fortune 1000 company manufacturing
adhesives, sealants and glue at our 35 manufacturing sites in the
U.S. (and growing). Our products connect the world and hold
together your everyday necessities including your cell phone, food
packages, car and home!
*What's in it For You: *
Established path for next level opportunities, promotions, and wage
increases making this an opportunity for a long-term career
Our *excellent benefits package* includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
* FREE medical insurance coverage - all or a portion of your
medical premiums will be reimbursed by the company
* 3 weeks paid vacation (increases to 4 weeks after 48 months of
* 11 paid Holidays per year
* Quarterly bonuses based on site performance
* Competitive 401k, with up to 4% dollar-for-dollar company
matching contributions, 1% automatic company contribution, and
additional profit-sharing contribution.
* And MORE!
Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a
safety-focused culture, and has been recognized as one of the Most
Responsible Companies in the world by Newsweek in 2020.
*POSITION OVERVIEW: *
* Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Buyer assists in purchasing
materials, supplies and services at the most favorable terms for
* The Buyer qualifies vendors, evaluates bids and negotiates prices
and terms for goods and services.
* The Buyer tracks purchases, monitors inventory levels, oversees
vendor quality and maintains Plex supplier information.
* The Buyer contributes directly to team goals and business
*Essential Functions: *
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Manage purchase orders, oversee shipping schedules, and maintain
* Perform vendor research and selection to enhance profitability,
reduce operating costs and boost efficiency
* Conduct ongoing market research to identify beneficial purchase
agreements and potential vendors.
* Maintain working relationships with vendors and supervise vendor
* Enter purchase orders and receipts into SAP (ERP System)
* Order safety and VMI supplies
* Communicate and negotiate with vendors and sales personnel.
* Meet with manager at regular intervals to discuss order detail
* Attend daily meetings and communicate issues and recovery
* Manage stockroom inventory and create order list.
* Generate and interpret reports to order goods.
* Follow all safety and environmental guidelines in the plant
* Participate on special assignments at plant and/or corporate
*Primary Competencies: *
* Associate Degree or B.S. in Logistics, Purchase and Supply,
Business Administration or related fields preferred; (high school
diploma or equivalent and 2 years of relevant experience).
* 2 + years' experience with processes and systems for purchasing,
materials, inventory, stockroom, warehouse preferably within
* Strong organizational skills, a good understanding of sourcing
and the ability to maintain vendor relationships
* Use and interpret data to determine purchasing needs and perform
inventory management tasks.
* Experience with Excel, Word, Power Point, Plex and other business
* Preferred Experience with SAP.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with team members,
leadership and vendors.
* Strict attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to work under minimal supervision.
* Legal Contracts review, Agreement Management and Administration,
* 3 years of related experience in purchasing.
* Good communication and teamwork skills.
* Fluent in English speaking, listening and reading.
* Strong Interpersonal Skills.
* Knowledge in adhesive RMs.
* Computer literacy.
*PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
* Associates degree or higher.
* 3 years of related experience in chemical purchasing.
* 8 hour day shift
* Monday - Friday
_At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with
equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal
Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and
promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital
status, citizenship status, or any other protected
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $56,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Peabody, MA 01960: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: H.B. Fuller, Peabody , Buyer, Other , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!