Save Job Job Saved
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel
Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned
tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology,
pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching
hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital
provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and
subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment
to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a
number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management
and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance
medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Operation's Manager, performs
screening and diagnostic mammography exams using ionizing radiation
for use in the detection and treatment of breast conditions and
pathology. Technologist also performs screening and diagnostic
breast exams using ultrasound and assists the radiologist in
ultrasound-guided procedures. The technologist is responsible for
ancillary paperwork as needed and is responsible for monitoring and
maintaining essential patient care and safety including practicing
ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). Flexibility to cover open
shifts and off sites is necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited
- Performs screening and diagnostic mammography exams using
ionizing radiation for use in the diagnosis and treatment of breast
conditions and pathology and meets the image quality expectations
set forth by the MQSA.
- Performs all breast ultrasound exams accurately and
efficiently, meeting the ACR's image quality requirements.
- Assists radiologist in all ultrasound-guided breast
- If indicated, assists radiologist in all mammography and/or
tomosynthesis-guided breast procedures.
- Prepares necessary procedural documentation through ECMS.
- Performs and documents pre and post procedure phone calls,
pathology data entry, and Universal Protocol in Epic.
- Obtains and documents necessary patient information in Epic and
the CRA risk assessment application, achieving 100% accuracy.
- Begins and completes exams in Epic with 100% accuracy, 100% of
- Annotates all images with correct patient information and
technologist's initials with 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
- Ensures all exams are stored in PACS under the correct patient
information and accession number.
- Under the supervision of the Operation's Manager, performs
quality control on mammography and breast ultrasound equipment per
MQSA and ACR standards.
- Applies the lowest dose of ionizing radiation that is
reasonably achievable, known as ALARA (As Low As Reasonably
- Readily and willingly contributes to team approach to provide
optimal quality care for patients.
- Readily works off-sites as needed.
- Incorporates LHMC Guiding Principles,Mission and Context
Statements into daily activities.
- Complies with all LHMC Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues
- Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance
expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the
needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory
- Performs other duties in support of the organization as
required or directed.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Orienting new staff
Education: Two year AMA accredited School of Radiologic
Licensure, Certification, Registration: ARRT certification in
Radiography, Mammography, and licensed by the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts Department of Public Health: Radiation Control
Program in Mammography. Maintains licensure on a biannual basis,
maintains CEU's according to departmental policy and specific to
and inclusive of the specialties in which the technologist
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in
the use of Radiologic equipment including Digital Mammography and
Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Mammography, stereotactic breast
biopsy, and localization procedures. Computer skills required.
Experience: A minimum of 6 months of experience with Clinical
internship program in a hospital setting is required.
36 Hour / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing
patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by
world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses,
technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so
many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and
should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining
top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a
team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all
levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.