Save Job Job Saved
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel
Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned
tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology,
pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching
hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital
provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and
subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment
to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a
number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management
and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance
medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health
About the Job
Position Summary: Supports the mission of the department by
ensuring that the right patients receive the right medication in a
safe and timely manner. Develops a full understanding of the drug
distribution operations in their assigned area and demonstrates
competency in carrying out all duties associated with medication
Outpatient Position with Cross-training in the Hospital.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited
- In conjunction with other technician colleagues and supervisors
ensures that all drug distribution functions are completed in a
safe and timely manner. Informs pharmacist and/or other supervisors
of any workflow issues.
- Repackages and compounds medications, as needed, in accordance
with departmental procedures.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels in area of practice,
including rotating stock, checking for expired medications,
informing pharmacy buyer when inventory levels are low, and
checking in wholesaler order.
- Is responsible for answering telephone calls, triaging the
request, and following through with appropriate action.
- Actively participates in continuous performance improvement
activities of the department, including providing suggestions on
how to improve day-to-day operations
- Demonstrates competency in all required areas for a Pharmacy
Technician II. Has completed all required departmental competency
- Technicians are responsible for their own professional
development, including registration, certification and continuing
- Trains other technician colleagues as assigned by the
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission
Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description,
performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the
needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be a registered
technician with the MA Board of Pharmacy upon hiring and technician
must be nationally certified by PTCB (preferred).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be
thoroughly trained to meet the requirements of this job
Experience: Minimum of two previous hospital pharmacy/sterile
compounding experience for Inpatient Technician. Minimum of two
years retail experience for outpatient technician.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and
wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients,
their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed
in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered,
integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services
spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated
orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care,
community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home
health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified
joint contracting and population health management organization,
jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.