Posted on: January 8, 2021
Bridgewellstrengthens communities by providing an unmatched
range of social and human services that empower people with
disabilities and other life challenges to live safe, self-directed
and productive lives. Bridgewell delivers support through community
housing, day programs, outpatient treatment, recovery services,
education and employment training. We're committed to helping
people in need, from those with autism to people with substance use
disorders, become engaged members of their communities. Bridgewell
is also the industry leader in developing innovative offerings in
response to unmet or emerging needs.The Position:We're looking for
aPer Diem Direct Support Professional! You will provide direct
support services to cover vacations, sick time, and staff position
vacancies at residential sites. Coverage includes support and
assistance to individuals with developmental and psychiatric
disabilities with all activities of daily living.Essential Duties
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals in
making decisions to develop their skills and foster
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, CARF and all
applicable regulatory standards, and Bridgewell policies and
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical,
clinical and financial needs.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical,
recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain required documentation according to DDS and all
applicable regulatory standards.
- Assist the individuals with accessing resources and
recreational opportunities in the community.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations, as
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA,
CPI, Driver Safety, and MAP.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Education/Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with people with
developmental or psychiatric disabilities preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.Required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and one year of driving
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently
required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective
- Many benefits starting at 24 or more regularly scheduled
- Excellent health benefits-medical, dental, vision. We believe
our benefits package is one of the most competitive (available to
all employees regularly scheduled for 30 or more hours)
- Generous paid time off'includes your birthday (that's right, we
even give you your birthday off!)
- Collaborative work environment that values new insight and
- With over one hundred programs in the North Shore, Lowell and
Merrimack Valley we provide excellent opportunities for training
and professional developmentWhy Should You Apply: If top benefits
alone don't sway you, then our compassionate and collaborative work
environment should! Bridgewell is committed to training and
developing staff and provides the opportunities for you to have a
positive impact in the work you do.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.Requires acceptable CORI results
according to Bridgewell policy.Bridgewell is committed to creating
a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Keywords: Bridgewell, Peabody , Per Diem, Other , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!