Retail Gift Registry Advisor, Full Time: Northshore Mall
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Job Overview: The Gift Registry Advisor is responsible for
providing professional and personalized services for future brides
by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and building quality
registrations that ensure satisfaction and drive sales. Educate
couples on the home store categories and assist with registry
selections to maximize potential value. Coordinate with Area
Manager of the Home Division and Store Managers to promote and
develop the bridal registry program with emphasis on sales and
services. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and
performing other duties as necessary. Essential Functions:
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and
Send, My Client and 's tablet app
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop
and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and
have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical
customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within
30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Meet with couples, usually by appointment, to determine
personal needs, develop merchandise preference list, and registry
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge of tabletop and
home store merchandise
- Monitor sales and registration and is responsible for achieving
- Actively seek out guests and family members and assist with
gift selections or purchases
- Updates the Bridal Registry daily to ensure accuracy by
including items purchased, adding and changing merchandise and
- Ensure that all personal information in the Gift System is
complete and correct and service couples with registry updates or
- Maintains clientele book to use in sending follow-ups, thank
you letters, personal invitations, and other information to
- Creates Registry awareness by participating in home store team
meetings and training other associates
- Works with Sales Manager to coordinate special events
- Verify availability of selected merchandise as scheduled by
reviewing reports, systems, contacting buying office, and writing
- Ensure that Registry area standards are met
- Solicit couples and guests to open a Macy's credit card and
enroll in Registry Star Rewards
- Follow through with customer service issues
- Assist with tabletop or home store sales as needed
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room
go backs to standard, if applicable
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality Qualifications:
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Two to three years specialized selling experience such as
tabletop, fine jewelry, and cosmetics or previous bridal
consultant. Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator. Reasoning Ability:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
and must have good time management skills. Physical Demands:
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
focus adjustment. Other Skills:
- Able to use computer system/terminals to input registry
- Excellent time management skills to effectively coordinate
bridal registry program in the store.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent
use of RF equipment. Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on
department and store/company needs. This job overview is not all
inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend
this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider
for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a
manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9
Keywords: Macy's, Peabody , Retail Gift Registry Advisor, Full Time: Northshore Mall, Hospitality & Tourism , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!