Pediatric and Neonatal Critical Care Transport Nurse
Company: Tufts Medical Center
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Tufts Medical Center is looking for an experienced Pediatric and
Neonatal Critical Care Transport Nurse to join our prestigious
Health Care client?s team!**Must have a license
in?Massachusetts**Job Location:?Boston, MA??PRIMARY DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESConsistently applies the corporate values of
respect, honesty and fairness and the constant pursuit of
excellence in improving the health status of patients and families
in Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts Medical Center (Tufts
MC).Nursing Process:? Utilizes the nursing process for the planning
and management of patient/family care, in all settings and
appropriate to developmental age of the neonate, infant, child,
adolescent and adult.
- Is a role model for professionalism in all interactions with
patients, families and colleagues (embraces the Tufts MC 12 Tenets
and national standards for pediatric and neonatal nursing
- Utilizes a collaborative team approach to engage the patient,
family and significant others?? in the planning, development and
initiation of the patient?s plan of care within the context of the
- Serves as a patient and family advocate. Integrates the
principles of patient-family centered care in their clinical
practice and provides mentorship for colleagues.Clinical Practice:?
Demonstrates clinical expertise, and the skills and judgment
necessary to implement the medical/nursing plan of care, nursing
interventions, treatments and procedures necessary for the care of
the patient. Provide support and guidance to nursing staff to
ensure excellence in all aspects of patient care and decision
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
developmental and age specific care to the patients and families
served in each clinical area. Maintains essential certifications:
BLS, NRP, PALS, and IV skills required. ACLS & TNCC certification
- Performs procedures and treatments using expert nursing
judgment and according to established unit guidelines, policies,
procedures and professional standards.
- Demonstrates essential knowledge of pharmacology/medications in
administering drugs and monitoring the patient?s response.
- Remains knowledgeable about equipment and utilizes equipment in
a safe manner. Serves as resource for staff to enhance their
comfort and skill with new and unfamiliar equipment.
- Provides direct patient care in situations requiring
concentrated nursing care and/or heightened acuity in pediatric
clinical areas, NICU, infants in the MIU and the Pediatric ED.
- Monitors, evaluates and assesses pediatric/neonatal patients
undergoing sedation and analgesia as defined in the Pediatric
- Responds to pediatric & neonatal codes and rapid response
calls. Assists in stabilizing the patient and transitions patient
to the appropriate care area.JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSExpert
clinician in pediatric/neonatal nursing practice. Possesses and
applies the skills and knowledge necessary to provide care to
patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging
processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each
step of the care process.Ability to provide care for a diverse
pediatric & neonatal patient population according to evidence based
guidelines and hospital policies, procedures and
- Bachelor?s degree in Nursing,
- BLS, NRP, PALS, certification required.
- Master?s degree in Nursing preferred.
- ACLS, TNCC, and specialty certification preferred.An equivalent
combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency
in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for
the above requirements for licenses, etc.EXPERIENCE
- 2 years of Pediatric ED Nursing experience and/or
- 2 years of Pediatric and/or Neonatal critical care nursing
experience.?Call?844-201-5948 or Apply Today!!*This position is
posted by Aloha Solutions Co. on behalf of Tufts Medical
Keywords: Tufts Medical Center, Peabody , Pediatric and Neonatal Critical Care Transport Nurse, Healthcare , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!