Medical Office Assistant
Company: Brooksby Village by Erickson Senior Living
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Location:Brooksby Village by Erickson Senior LivingBrooksby
Village is a beautiful 90-acre continuing care retirement community
located just 20 minutes from Boston in Peabody, Massachusetts.
We're part of a growing network of communities developed and
managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior
living and health care with campuses in 11 states-and growing.Our
Medical Center is looking for an experienced full-time Medical
Office Assistant to join our team! This role is the first point of
contact with patients, greeting them and taking initial
information, including contact and insurance information. The
Medical Office Assistant provides the administrative support
necessary to ensure that all patients receive the highest quality
of care and service.How you will make an impact:
- Receive and schedule patients at the front desk as well as
answering phone taking accurate messages.
- Answer multi line phone while documenting concise messages from
- Manage the uploading of new patient information into the
- Request patient medical records from outside providers and
follow-up as necessary to ensure receipt
- Accurate scanning and placement of documents into patient
charts and labeled correctly to include attaching reports to
referral/order in order to close the referral loop
- Verify Insurances prior to appointment (to include manual
verification, if needed); Add/Update Insurance information into
- Make daily reminder calls to patients for upcoming
- Assist with completion of Visit Prep forms to ensure efficient
- Partners with other departments/Specialists to assist in
coordination of care when needed
- Work on spreadsheets and tasks as directed by Practice
- Provide exceptional customer service to residents, families and
vendorsWhat we offer:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal
development for our greatest asset, our employees.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans,
and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Living continues to set
the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all
employees over 18 years of age.
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student
loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision
and 401K with a match after 1 year.What you will need:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required.
- One to three years front medical office experience
- Ability to use of multi-line electronic telephone system
- Basic Computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Filing/charting and documenting accurate patient
recordsErickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed
communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to
providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and
harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or any other category protected by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Brooksby Village by Erickson Senior Living, Peabody , Medical Office Assistant, Healthcare , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!