Manager, Imaging Services - North Shore Physicians Group (Mu
Company: North Shore Physicians Group
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Peabody, MA - Radiology/Imaging/Ultrasound - Management Manager,
Imaging Services - North Shore Physicians Group (Multi-Site)
Overview The Manager of NSPG Imaging Services will be responsible
for the strategic direction, growth and oversight of seven distinct
imaging locations within North Shore Physicians Group including two
independently licensed diagnostic testing facilities. Imaging
modalities currently include plain film, ultrasound, mammography,
cardiovascualar nuclear medicine stress testing, cardiac echo and
bone density but may expand to other modalities in the future. The
Manager will be responsible for leading Site Imaging Clinical Leads
while consulting with local Site Administrative and Medical
Director Leadership to ensure timely and patient focused access to
imaging, the smooth operational management of all imaging
modalities and stellar strategic and budgetary results for the
imaging service line. The Manager will additionally be relied upon
as the subject matter expert for industry trends, new imaging
opportunities and all regulatory/compliance matters related to
imaging operations in both licensed and unlicnesed environments.
Patient and staff safety will be incorporated successfully in all
aspects of operations. The Manager will educate and update any
modality specific changes or improvements to leadership and staff
as well as report out on the imaging service line clinical quality,
operational and fiscal performance to the NSPG Board of Trustees,
Physicians Executive Council and Senior Leadership forums. As a key
member of the Senior Leadership team, the Manager must possess
exceptional critical thinking and excellent communication skills,
exhibit professionalism, and demonstrate collaborative and
innovative leadership, building successful relationships and teams
within each NSPG community site and throughout the Mass General
Brigham system family. Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Evaluates clinical quality, regulatory compliance and safety of
newly acquired private practices joining NSPG
- Engages private practice in mitigation of quality, safety and
compliance risks with appropriate collaboration, education and
development of action plans to enable successful on boarding and
future state operations.
- Aligns the NSPG imaging service line with strategic growth and
advances recommendations for new sites, new services and service
line enhancements to Executive Leadership.
- Plans and designs imaing services in NSPG sites, whether a new
location or a new service in an existing location
- Advises and guides purchase and installation of imaging
equipment in new space.
- Assists architectural firm with appropriate DPH narrative
submissions, physicist review and other elements necessary to
achieve DPH licensure of new facilities
- Works collaboratively with PEC, Revenue Integrity and
Compliance to ensure appropriate and compliant EPIC structure,
coding, and billing are achieved.
- Ensures daily modality operations runs smoothly, identifying
operational inefficiencies and implementing improvement intiatives
through local Site ladership.
- With the Operational and Financial Analyst teams, the Manager
is responsible for developing and monitoring dashboards that enable
locat site imaging teams to identify both positive and negative
trends, to plan appropriate expansion activities or interventions
and to ensure their respective imaging operational and fiscal
performance are in alignment with goal.
- Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it
relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging
from infant to geriatric.
- Maintains performance improvement activities within the service
line which includes the use of production boards and People link
boards that promote the optimization of department workflow and
employee engagement in operations and quality improvement.
- Ensures along with the local Site Manager and Clinical Lead,
the competency of all personnel with the modality.
- Provides direction on capacity and utilization and assists
local Site Leadership with the maintenance and needed adjustments
of resource scheduling.
- Ensures modality operates in compliance with all applicable
Federal, State and Local laws and regulations as well as ACR
- Responsive to feedback from any customer group (patients,
visitors, co-workers, physicians, departments, leadership etc.).
Ensures prompt and thorough follow up of complaints, problems and
other operational issues. Ensures that any patient or physician
concerns, staffing/personnel problems and safety issues are
properly reported and resolved..
- Works collaboratively with the NSMC Chief of Radiology Services
and addresses image quality concerns that have been brought
forward, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with each modality chief to develop and
implement protocols as well as new service initiatives.
- Promotes productive intra and inter departmental relationships
by collaborating with physicians, support staff, and other
professionals to enhance department and organizational goals.
- Maintains knowledge of, observes, and enforces the safety
measures in Environment of Care. Participates in planning programs
and safety and perparedness of fire and disaster as it pertains
specifically for the modality and work area.
- Oversses and developes a strong QA process for the department
and routinely reports out to NSPG Quality and Safety leadership and
to their staff.
- Serves on Senior Leadership committees and project teams as
appropriate or assigned.
- Employes Advanced Lean improvement framework to the flows of
patients, information, staff and other areas within the service
line. Willing serves as a Workshop Lead, Team Lead, Process Owner
or Team Member within relevant improvement events.
- Keeps apprised of industry trends and new technology and brings
appropriate information to Executive Leadership when critical to
the modality and NSPG performance and growth..
- Directs timely, appropriate equipment preventative maintenance
and physicist inspection scheduless as required by the state and
- Keeps apprised of the service agreements for each piece of
equipment in the service line with an eye towards equipment life
expectancy, planning proactively for replacement.
- Oversees and updates all policies and procedures for the
modality as needed and routinely shares with their team
- Is able to assist staff and/or performs the duties of a
technologist in the modality certified, when needed to fulfill
exceptional patient need and staffing demands. Maintains
proficiency in technical skills and in the operations of PACS and
- Serves as a positive role model to others in: service
excellence, communications, and development of interpersonal
- Maintains licensure with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and
registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
(ARRT) or governing body.
- Demonstrates understanding of code blue, fire and disaster plan
and infection control policies; and all policies as required by
NSPG and Radiology.
- Demonstrates personal responsibilty for maintaining a
satisfactory attendance record.
- Assumes responsibility for continuing professional education
and development. Keeps up-to-date regarding best practices for the
profession. Maintains competencies through regular participation
in-service education programs.
- Applies the professional code of ethics in all aspects of
practice. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Oversees the NSPG Imaging service line, with 7+ distinct
imaging sites, collaborating with the Chief of Radiology, local
Clinical Lead and Site Manager/Medical Director dyads to ensure
high quality, safe patient care is being pefromed, staff work flows
are optimized and efficient , daily equipment and quality checks
are done in a timely manner and supply ordering is occurring
- Provides mentoring of 7-12 local site Clinical Leads on a
regular basis and to front line staff when needed.
- Defines, monitors, and tracks staff competencies with the
assistance of local site Clinical Leads.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring and retention of site
Clinical Leads and staff for Imaging service line.
- Develops and maintains accurate job descriptions for staff.
Sets performance standards and applies them consistently.
- Communicates clear service line goals and expectations to site
leadership and staff. Ensures that site leadership and staff
receive NSPG global and service line orientation, training and
professional development, competency assessment and annual
performance appraisals in a timely manner. Monitors job performance
and provides ongoing feedback and disciplinary action when
- Ensures Clinical Leads prepare and implement cost effective
staff work schedules, (which includes emergency coverage for
evenings, weekends and holidays (as needed).
- Performs time keeping, time off approvals as needed to cover
for Clinical Leads when out of office, ensuring adequate staffing
at all times. Responsible for accuracy of all time tracking and
reporting of payroll in KRONOS.
- Reviews payroll performance to budget and makes necessary
changes to optimize efficiencies while ensuring quality and access
are not compromised.
- Manages and keeps record of all employees CEUs for
- Keeps leadership updated on staff benchmark performance for
- Ensures modality specific safety programs and policies are in
place and adhered to by all staff.
- Functions as a liaison between leadership,physicians and
support staff, educating, problem solving and coordinating
activities which affect patient care. Ensures all information
regarding strategy, procedural or operational changes in the
service line is communicated to appropriate key stakeholders.
- Required: At least 5 years of progressive management and
leadership experience in Healthcare and Radiology with demonstrated
outcomes in the pillars of PEOPLE, GROWTH, QUALITY, SERVICE and
- Preferred: Prior Managment and service line development
- Required: Associate's Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree or higher Licensure
- Required: Must possess a valid license to practice in
Radiologic Technology in the State of Massachusettss, be registered
in American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and hold and
advanced certification in one or more of the modalities managed.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore
Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment drug screening is required. Grow, learn and develop
new practice innovations. Continue your medical education. Make
academic connections and explore teaching opportunities. Develop
clinical and administrative career ladders. Patient-centered care
model. Leadership that listens and values your contributions and
ideas. Autonomy and respect for your skills and expertise.
Excellent salary and benefits. Clinical excellence NSPG's MHQP
Patient Experience surveys show that we perform higher than the
state mean in all domains with 92% of patients indicating that they
would recommend NSPG services. Our physicians are polling in the
top 75th percentile of AMGA Satisfaction metrics for almost every
major category-the highest physician satisfaction scores of any
medical group in the Boston region. 25th percentile in MGMA cost
benchmarks and top 75th percentile in revenue benchmarks. The North
Shore area offers an excellent quality of life:
- Communities with varied and rich histories and convenient
access to museums, art, restaurants and shops.
- Natural beauty, handsome architecture and vivid history-only 15
miles north of Boston.
- 30 miles of gorgeous rocky coastline with breathtaking beaches
- World-class sailing and close proximity to the mountains and
picturesque New England.
- Easy access to a multitude of universities, colleges, and
public and private schools. Ipswich physicians join North Shore
Physicians Group Maria Fagan, D.O. - North Shore Physicians Group,
Marblehead Massachusetts Jon Snyder M.D. - North Shore Physicians
Group, Beverly Massachusetts Keywords: Boston medical center,
Boston area, Best regional hospital, Best hospital, North Shore's
largest provider, North Shore Medical Center, Massachusetts General
Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Salem Hospital, Union
Hospital, Designated stroke center, High-performing, Partners
HealthCare, Community health, Community hospital system, Clinician,
Massachusetts hospital, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs,
In-patient, Teaching, Academic medicine, Clinical ladder, Level III
Trauma Center, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Patient-focused
care, Patient-Centered Medical Home, Provider, Wellness, U.S. New &
World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare,
Multispecialty, Boston, North Shore, Marblehead, Salem, Peabody,
Danvers, Lynnfield, Lynn, Melrose, Wakefield, Manchester, Nahant,
Topsfield, Wenham, Middleton, Malden, Revere, Beverly, Rowley,
Saugus, Swampscott Don't See What You're Searching For? Sign up to
receive notifications when new positions are posted. It's OK to
email me about future opportunities. It's OK to text me about
Keywords: North Shore Physicians Group, Peabody , Manager, Imaging Services - North Shore Physicians Group (Mu, Healthcare , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!