Lead CNA in Peabody, MA at Pilgrim Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center
Company: Berkshire Medical Center, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Lead CNA in Peabody, MA at Pilgrim Rehabilitation and Skilled
Nursing Center Pilgrim Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center
has been part of the Peabody community for more than 50 years,
providing short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing
care on Boston's North Shore. Pilgrim is easily accessible to major
local highways and hospitals.
Many of our award-winning staff have been with Pilgrim for decades,
giving families confidence in our consistent, compassionate,
dedicated care. Job Description We are currently seeking an
exceptional Lead CNA to join our team of compassionate and caring
staff.-- Join us--Full Time Monday-Friday, 6:30 am-3:00 pm for
great benefits! 10 paid holidays/year (after 90 days),
Health/Dental Insurance, LTD, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending
Account, weekly payroll (not biweekly) a 403B retirement and more!
But best of all... a fun and rewarding place to work! The primary
purpose of this position is to provide quality nursing care to
residents with routine daily nursing care and services in
accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as
directed by your supervisor.-- Job Requirements Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates, orients, and mentors newly hired certified nursing
- Provides individualized attention, which encourages each
resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical
physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents,
and provides support to the resident in accordance with their care
- Contributes to the care planning process by providing the
charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information
and observations of resident's needs and preferences.
- Attends to the individual needs of residents, which may include
assistance with dressing, grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding,
incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances,
transferring, ambulation, range of motion, nail care, shaving,
communicating or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of residents in the
delivery of services to them.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care
- Prepare residents for meals, serve food trays and assist with
feeding as indicated.
- Records required documentation in Care Tracker daily.
- Reports all changes in resident's condition to the Nurse
Supervisor as soon as practical.
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin
breakdown to prevent decubitus ulcers (bedsores).
- Fully understands all aspects of residents' rights. Is
responsible for promptly reporting any incidents or evidence or
resident abuse or violations of resident rights to the charge nurse
- Honor resident right to refuse care, report such refusal to
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment.
- Answers resident call bells promptly and courteously.
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and
promptly reports to licensed nurse on duty.
- Performs various task assigned by supervisor, including
checking vital signs and weighing residents.
- Assist with orienting resident and their families to the
facility on admission.
- Assist residents to walk with or without self-help devices as
- Lifts, moves, and transports residents, using proper body
mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Use only the equipment you have been trained to use, operate in
a safer manner.
- Report defective equipment to charge nurse.
- Communicate and interacts effectively and tactfully with the
residents, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
- Assist and escort residents to appointments such as the hair
salon or attending activities, church services or doctor's
- Assist with care of dying resident.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with safety and
infection control policies and procedures, including thorough hand
washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper
disposal of soiled materials.
- Follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body
- Attend and participate in mandatory, and scheduled training and
educational classes to maintain current certification as a Nursing
- All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that
exhibits the BHCS mission, vision, and core values. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of accredited state nurse aide training program
- Previous experience working in long term care required
Keywords: Berkshire Medical Center, Inc., Peabody , Lead CNA in Peabody, MA at Pilgrim Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center, Healthcare , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!