Nurse Coordinator-Specialty Sv
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: January 4, 2020
Department Description: We have an opening for an experience nurse
coordinator to serve as contact and facilitator to insure all
patient scheduling for our cardiovascular Holding Area. The IDEAL
candidate will have 2-5 years of cardiology experience and
possesses the ability to work within a collaborative team. The
Cardiovascular Holding Area consists of 15 beds and provides
pre-procedure and post procedure care for 6500 patient each year.
The hours of operation are 0630-2100. This busy and fast paced unit
performs cardioversions and TEE procedures as well as highly
specialized pre and post procedure care to interventional
cardiology patients.Job Location: Boston, MAReq ID: 32875BRJob
Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of
nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art &
science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients,
families, and communities. The Nurse Coordinator is responsible for
coordinating care for patients receiving treatment in a specialty
service, including the evaluation, assessment, scheduling,
consultation and treatment of patients in order to implement a
seamless progression of care to meet the patient's needs. Training,
evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse
Leader to the department.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers to
coordinate the care for patients from referral/consultation to
discharge /follow up. Assists with pre-authorization process.
- Serves as contact and facilitator to receive consults and
patient information. Coordinates and insures all patient scheduling
including but not limited to consultation, diagnostic and treatment
- Gathers information for history and physical. Performs and
documents evaluations and assessments of patient. Assists in
ordering labs, x-rays, and diagnostic procedures.
- Works in collaboration with surgeons and physicians in
educating the patients and their families in medical care. Assists
in development of patient/family educational materials.
Participates in patient rounds and case conferences.
- Updates clinical knowledge and skills through consultation,
formal and informal education, and review of literature for self
and clinical team. Provides leadership for process improvement
related to the care of these patients.Required Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic
Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- American Heart Associate - Basic Life Support Certificate
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.Preferred
- Prior experience in specialty service
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and
recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly
varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input,
innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how
to accomplish defined results with some guidelines.
Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of
concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in
complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects
or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in
the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.Age based
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6
months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60
years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or
up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and
employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Peabody , Nurse Coordinator-Specialty Sv, Healthcare , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!