Associate Manager Component Engineering
Company: Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2018
Position: Associate Manager Component Engineering Job Description: OverviewConverge, a subsidiary of Arrow Electronics, is a full service, industry-leading, global supply chain partner with over 35 years of experience in electronics components distribution. We are recruiting to hire an Associate Manager of Component Engineering. Counterfeit electronic components have infiltrated and are wreaking havoc in the supply chain at all levels. The AMCE will be tasked with ensuring that fraudulent, suspect and counterfeit components do not escape our inspection process and find their way into the supply chain. This will be accomplished through the in depth and direct management of AMCE 's team of component engineers, inspection technicians, test laboratory and the purposeful execution of our industry leading, documented and well-defined component quality processes.ResponsibilitiesThe Associate Manager is responsible for the complete and overall performance of his / her team and department. He or she provides input towards ensuring that the department is appropriately staffed to support and meet the demands of the business. This individual ensures that there are zero counterfeit component escapes from the team. This individual retains the technical aptitude to answer to and solve complex technical questions and problems as they relate to the performance and functionality of various types of semiconductors and electronic components. The Associate Manager must have a high level understanding of one or more areas of the semiconductor, PCB, IC, component assembly, design, process engineering cycle (e.g. Assembly, Process Design, Packaging, Quality Component, Sustainability, etc.) This position is responsible for the training of his / her staff on the proper techniques and utilization of this equipment to accomplish our goals and meet the demands of our customers. Requirements 5+ years experience supervising or leading teams in a component manufacturing and/or distribution outfit:
- Knowledge of Assembly, Semiconductors, Component Quality, or Process Design.
- Experience working in a Front of Line (FOL) and/or End of Line (EOL) capacity.
- Experience overseeing teams for designing and assembling semiconductors, microcontrollers, microprocessors, PCB, etc.
- Proven history or ability to lead and mentor various Design Engineers, Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, or similar. Preferred
- Ability to identify counterfeit components down to the manufacturer/supplier level and provide detailed analysis of the defect.
- Knowledge of die attach, wire bonding, 2nd/3rd optical inspection, molding, plating, marking, trim & form, and/or coplanarity.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related.
- Experience in counterfeit electronic component mitigation a huge plus.Accountabilities:
- Manages all activities of a small team
- Directs team activities to improve production and testing techniques and develop test procedures
- Forecasts operating costs of department and prepares budget requests
- Directs personnel activities for the team such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments
- Ensures the test lab and all associated equipment is maintained, clean and fully functional at all times
- Acts as the key expert and knowledge base for responding to complex technical inquiries regarding the design, fit and functionality various types of semiconductors and electronic componentsJob Complexity:
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of the Level II inspection team
- Sets priorities to ensure tasks and goals are completed as scheduled
- Coordinates work activities with other managers to ensures priorities are scheduled and consistently met
- Ensures decisions are guided by established policies and procedures and receives guidance and oversight from manager
- Typically, does not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised
- Establishes and ensures that there is a proper training process for all new hires and team members
- Applies acquired expertise to analyze and solve problems without clear precedent
- Provides input on resource planning and policy development
- Coaches team members on performance, completes employee performance evaluations and recommends pay actions#DICE# Location: Peabody (Converge) Time Type: Full time Job Category: Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Keywords: Arrow Electronics, Inc., Peabody , Associate Manager Component Engineering, Executive , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!