Company: Expeditors International of Washington, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information
business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000
trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations
across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly
sophisticated needs of international trade through customized
solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our
services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean
freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance,
time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing,
distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is
headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Scope of Position
The focus of the Account Manager is on maintaining ownership of
existing identified house accounts to improve the level of customer
service while increasing business opportunities. Initiative, drive,
and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing
conditions, are the keys to achieving the performance objectives of
the Account Manager role at Expeditors.
The job environment is flexible, constantly changing, and provides
growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of
business results. The Local Account Manager reports to the District
Customer Retention and Development Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Strengthen relationships with existing house accounts.
* Penetrate organizational structure for house accounts and develop
relationships at all levels beyond main point of contact.
* Understand customers' business and strategy and our role with the
* Ensure customer satisfaction and follow up.
* Communicate service issues to Department
* Action items lists maintained and updated weekly for follow up
* Identify opportunities and grow business from existing house
* 10 calls per week. Preliminary schedule due by Monday afternoon.
Mondays & Fridays are for setup and follow up. Tuesday-Thursday are
* Assist with collections when needed.
* Manage client profiles - separated out by location.
* CRM input & management for significant calls.
* Fluent in Expeditors systems, services and product offerings
* Involve sales and operations at appropriate times.
* Share weekly schedule with all Departments to help coordinate and
participate in joint account visits.
* Manage sales opportunities and proposals
* Create and present business reviews
* Continually seek improvement in procedures and services to create
more efficient and cost effective operations.
* Assume lead responsibility for the efficient delivery of all
local (branch) services.
* Assist, and if needed, spearhead problem resolution for issues
outside of local branch.
* Ensure that a functioning and agreed upon invoicing - payment
process is in place.
* Meet with the local customer to maintain customer information and
* Be dedicated to the success of Expeditors and the program using
ethical business practices, personal commitment, passion &
sacrifice, and an obsession with the fundamental details of running
Desired Skill-Sets and Characteristics
* The ability to meet with customers off-site on a regular
* Oral and written proficiency in the English language
* Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal
* Ability to work productively both individually and in a team
* Sense of urgency for goal achievement
* Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced and
constantly changing environment
* Comfortable with regular data entry on a laptop computer
* Strong rapport and relationship-building focused
* Empowered to make quick decisions in response to changing
* Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic and persuasive
* Influences others to action
* Timeliness and accountability for results
Expeditors offers excellent benefits including
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Expeditors International of Washington, Inc., Peabody , Account Manager, Executive , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!