Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Analogic Corporation
Posted on: October 12, 2019
# of Openings
Responsible for the design, development and test of power and/or RF
products. Requires basic knowledge of physics and/or engineering
principles and concepts. This role requires problem-solving skills,
the ability to learn new technology quickly and adjust to a dynamic
work environment. This position is based in Peabody, MA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Able to work with complex ideas or situations across individual
areas within project scope. Able to identify and evaluate
fundamental issues, providing direction for project.
* Designs part/all of PCB-level RF, mixed analog/digital,
interface, and power electronic circuits to meet product
specification and cost requirements
* Maintains awareness of new component developments and emerging
technologies and use/recommend them for new designs where
appropriate to achieve cost, performance and size goals
* Sets the standard for design best practices and collaborates with
mechanical engineering, firmware, software and PCB design teams to
yield outstanding new products
* While this position does not have direct budgetary
responsibility, this role has influence on project budgets
* Technical voice in product planning meetings, design reviews
* Fosters innovative thinking within the group by initiating
continuous improvement discussions on all aspects of product design
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Advanced degree in electrical engineering (MSEE) preferred or
equivalent with a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a product
* Experience in RF frequencies over 10MHz with power levels greater
* Experience in PCB-level, design experience with C/FPGA based
systems containing mixed signal, interface, and power conversion
circuitry a plus
* Must have experience with all phases of PCB design flow
specification, schematic capture and layout
* Working knowledge of PCB design tools (Orcad Capture, PADS or
* Familiarity with EMC, Electrical Safety and Functional Safety
standards and requirements
* Familiarity with DFX process and project DFMEAs
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
This position requires the ability to stay focused on very complex
and abstract concepts for extended periods of time.
WORK CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
Work is in an office and lab environment. As such, work may involve
interaction with high levels of AC/DC voltage and current and high
levels of RF power. Position is also required to have basic
soldering and assembly skills. May occasionally be required to
perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
10% travel is expected, can be international. Must be able to
obtain a passport and visas
Keywords: Analogic Corporation, Peabody , Senior Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!