Company: Winchester Interconnect
Posted on: July 7, 2019
What were looking for: Winchester Interconnect has an immediate
opening for a Design Engineer. As directed by engineering
management, this position is primarily responsible for product
design and development for customer funded programs and new product
research and development. In addition, provides direct support to
business development functions as well as operations on existing
products. Job Responsibilities:
- Perform product design/development of new products to meet
customer funded programs and new product development projects in
accordance with RFM engineering standards, systems, procedures and
- Specify designs and documents all materials, components,
performance specifications, etc.
- Create detailed drawings, procedures and BOMs as needed to
- Document and record all product data/design information using
CAD and product data management/ERP system.
- Perform research to determine product design/development
- Initiate, review and process ECOs for existing product
- Represent engineering and participates in Material Review Board
to review and disposition non-conforming product.
- Perform Failure Analysis independently or as part of team to
determine root cause and generate corrective action (CAR).
- Identify and/or specify:
- Sequence of production steps and special equipment/tooling
- Test requirements, test plans/procedures and special test
- Source for new materials, processes, and/or equipment. Review
and provide technical content of proposal/quote response (i.e.
specification reviews, design concept drawings, performance limits,
etc.) to applications and sales teams, pre-award. Perform test and
inspection for prototype and/or initial production builds. Product
and general training for internal functions. Criteria for Success:
- Bachelors degree (BSEE or BSME) and 3 years RF microwave
interconnect experience or 8 years of experience directly related
to the design/manufacture/test of RF microwave products.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to act as a
direct technical liaison with all internal and external functions,
specifically applications engineering, program management and field
- Intimate knowledge of specifications, regulations and
compliance requirements as they pertain to RF Microwave industry
(i.e. military specifications, RoHS, UL, Plenum, etc.). Technical
- Ability to use SolidWorks CAD platform and working knowledge of
product data management and ERP systems. Ability to use/demonstrate
test equipment to perform VSWR, insertion loss, and phase match
testing a plus.
- Experience using Google Apps and G-Suite applications a plus.
Why choose Winchester Interconnect? Winchester Interconnect is a
leading global provider of interconnect solutions that help fuel
the ever changing electronics industry. Throughout our 75 year
history, Winchesters business strategy, technical capabilities,
passion for quality, and service have supported our customers
innovation. As Winchester continues to expand, it is placing
increased emphasis on its people, products, operations, supply
chain, and key relationships while encouraging a transparent
environment that fosters innovation. Empowerment, Collaboration,
and Accountability are the fundamentals of the Winchester
Interconnect Leadership Strategy. These values are part of our
everyday at Winchester Interconnect, and this is how we are able to
do all that we do for our employees and customers. We believe in
empowering our workforce to think outside the box and make
decisions that move our business forward. We hold ourselves and
others accountable for following through on what we say we are
going to do. We collaborate between departments, teams, business
units and customers to share best practices and become the best
interconnect company in the world. At Winchester we dream big, get
stuff done and like to have fun! Full time position with
competitive salary and benefits. Visit for additional information
about the organization. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In addition to federal law
requirements, Winchester Interconnect complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. Winchester
Interconnect expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment
based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. ***Candidates Only-No Third
Keywords: Winchester Interconnect, Peabody , Design Engineer, Engineering , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!