Principal Embedded Controls Engineer
Company: Analogic Corporation
Posted on: June 14, 2019
# of Openings
Analogic Corporation is looking for a self-motivated real-time
embedded firmware/hardware engineer to join the RF amplifier group
and support the design, development and testing of new RF amplifier
technologies. Experience with digital and analog hardware is
required. Analogic s narrowband RF amplifiers have frequency ranges
from 10 - 300MHz with powers from 500 18,000W. The candidate will
join a dynamic RF group of talented technical engineers. The
selected candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with
engineers of different experience and background during the
firmware/hardware development phase.
A successful candidate must have deep understanding and experience
in digital/analog hardware and firmware design, development and
testing. In addition to FPGA/microprocessor/ microcontroller design
experience. Embedded systems experience writing software for close
loop controls, especially PID controllers, is also required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Design, implement, troubleshoot, and support real time
electronics/firmware/software for analog/digital control systems,
for RF power delivery systems.
* Develop simulations to analyze transient behavior of the control
* The engineer should be able to create his/her schematic and
should be familiar with ORCAD Schematic capture/simulation.
* Should be able to work with CAD engineer during PCB layout
* Develop hardware and software designs that meet technical, cost,
size, and other design constraints using some combination of
modeling, simulation, prototyping, testing, analysis, etc.
* Communicate effectively in both oral and written form critical
technical information regarding electronic and electrical system
design and performance.
* Interface with cross-functional teams as required.
* Must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in
a fast-paced, highly technical environment
* Support the documentation of the different software/firmware and
hardware versions and releases
* Experience in troubleshooting analog and digital circuits
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Advanced degree in electrical engineering (MSEE, PhD) preferred
or equivalent with a minimum of 12 years of related experience in
designing analog/digital closed loop controls and embedded hardware
and firmware design.
* Experience with C/C++ programming
* Experience in control loop stability
* Experience with PID controls is a must
* Experience with embedded firmware development
* VHDL programming experience with FPGAs is required.
* Experience with FPGA synthesis. Mapping to target FPGA devices
and timing analysis required.
* Experience in implementing different communications protocols is
a must. Including RS232, RS422/485, CanOpen, Ethernet.
* Experience with microprocessors and microcontroller programming
is highly desired.
* Familiarity with Xilinx Development tools is required.
* Hands-on experience is critical, must be able to spend time on
* The candidate should be able to build on existing
firmware/hardware designs to extend its functionality or add new
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with high-speed communication interfaces desired.
* Experience with direct digital synthesis circuity
* Experience with Ethercat, DeviceNet, and Profibus
* Experience with code compliance, PEMS
* Experienced with pulsing RF
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.This position requires the ability to stay
focused on very complex and abstract concepts for extended periods
Work is in an office and lab environment. As such, work may involve
interaction with high levels of AC/DC voltage and current and high
levels of RF power. Position is also required to have basic
soldering and assembly skills. May occasionally be required to
perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
10% travel is expected, can be international. Must be able to
obtain a passport and visas
Keywords: Analogic Corporation, Peabody , Principal Embedded Controls Engineer, Engineering , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!