Component Quality Engineer II- Peabody, MA
Company: Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Position: Component Quality Engineer II- Peabody, MA Job
Description: Converge, a subsidiary of Arrow Electronics, is a full
service, industry-leading, global supply chain partner with over 35
years of experience in electronics components distribution. We are
recruiting to hire a Component Quality Engineer II. Counterfeit
electronic components have infiltrated and are wreaking havoc in
the supply chain at all levels. The Component Quality Engineers
will be tasked with ensuring that fraudulent, suspect and
counterfeit components do not escape our inspection process and
find their way into the supply chain.The Component Quality Engineer
II must have the ability to understand various areas of the
component assembly, design, process engineering cycle e.g. Die
Attach, 2nd and 3rd Optical Inspection, Wire Bonding, Molding,
Plating, Marking, Trim and Form, etc.Requirements 3+ years of
hands-on experience as an Assembly and/or Process Engineer at the
- Knowledge of Die Attach, 2nd and 3rd Optical Inspection, Wire
Bonding, Molding, Plating, Marking, Trim and Form, Coplanarity,
- Experience working in a Front of Line (FOL) and/or End of Line
- Experience designing and assembling semiconductors,
microcontrollers, microprocessors, PCB, etc.
- Proven history or ability to lead and mentor various Design
Engineers, Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, or similar.
- Ability to identify counterfeit components down to the
manufacturer/supplier level and provide detailed analysis of the
defect. Principal Accountabilities
- Inspects and assesses components to ensure components are not
fraudulently altered or suspect counterfeit devices
- Conducts a detailed component inspection to confirm form, fit
and functionality of components.
- Administration of various physical and electrical testing
including (curve trace, XRF, X-Ray, Decapsulation, Heated solvents
Testing, HP Microscopy etc.
- Utilizes intuitive decision making to assess the components
correctness and authenticity based upon completed testing.
- Provides professional assessment (original, suspect
counterfeit, used or fraudulently altered) of each lot
- Ensure accuracy of database used by our customers and suppliers
and enable its effectiveness by developing advance tools with data
- Collect and generate parametric data for our authorized
supplier's part numbers and categorize new data.
- Generate cross-references: through the parametric data
collection able to generate a pin for pin functionally equivalent
replacement for parts.
- Validate the accuracy of existing data: resolve customer issues
related to the database, normalize and clean existing data.
- Develop advanced tools working with data attributes.
- Query data and run reports for advance applications and
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still
acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and
- Solves a range of straightforward problems
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of
related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or
equivalent work experience.#DICE# Location: Boston Time Type: Full
time Job Category: Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Keywords: Arrow Electronics, Inc., Peabody , Component Quality Engineer II- Peabody, MA, Engineering , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!