Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee
Posted on: September 14, 2022
You've probably never thought about working with auto glass for
a living - you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all
sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical
experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service
mindset, we'll teach you the rest.The Technician Trainee is
Safelite's entry level preview into the world of vehicle glass
repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides
a paid, formal training program that teaches everything needed to
complete basic repairs and replacements to anyone looking for a
hands-on career. to check out what it's like to be a Safelite
Technician.What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly base pay starting at $19.75/hour, increasing
to $21.50/hour after training and certification.
- Potential to earn up to $24.00/hour as a Senior Tech and up to
$27.25/hour as a Master Tech.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a
401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans
customized to suit your needs and a commitment to work/life balance
through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays and paid
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be
- View all our health, wealth and life offerings at .What You'll
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and
hands on) with a focus on the Safelite's installation standards
under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite
tools, materials and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite's tools and
- Offer additional products and services to customers.
- Consistently deliver service so great, it's memorable.
- Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from
customer sites throughout the workday.What You'll Need
- Age: Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety,
cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for
short periods, working at elevated heights, safely using windshield
adhesives, and remaining on your feet for extended periods.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent preferred; ability to read,
write and interpret technical directions required.
Keywords: Safelite, Peabody , Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee, Engineering , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!