Senior RF Electrical Engineer
Company: Analogic Corporation
Posted on: January 11, 2020
# of Openings
Responsible for the design, development and test of RF products.
Requires basic knowledge of engineering principles and concepts.
This role requires problem-solving skills, the ability to learn new
technology quickly and adjust to a dynamic work environment. This
position is based in Peabody, MA.
* Designs part/all of PCB-level RF, analog, and power electronic
circuits to meet product specifications and cost requirements
* Able to identify and evaluate fundamental issues
* Follows design best practices and collaborates with mechanical
engineering, firmware, software and PCB design teams to yield the
* While this position does not have direct budgetary
responsibility, this role has influence on project budgets
* Maintains awareness of new component developments and emerging
technologies and use/recommend them for new designs where
appropriate to achieve cost, performance and size goals
* A successful candidate will be part of a new dynamic team
developing new RF technologies for industrial applications with a
potential for substantial growth
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Advanced degree in electrical engineering (MSEE) in related area is
preferred or (BSEE) with a minimum of 5-7 years of related RF
* Experience with RF designs at frequencies from 1MHz to 150MHz
with power levels from few Watts to few Kilowatts.
* Good troubleshooting skills of RF and analog circuits
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a product
* Familiarity with phases of PCB design flow specification,
schematic capture and layout
* Experience with PCB design tools (Orcad Capture, PADS or Allegro)
to create own schematic
* Familiarity with EMC, Electrical Safety and Functional Safety
standards and requirements
* Familiarity with DFX process and project DFMEAs
* Experience using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, network
analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
* Able to develop documentation for own design
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
This position requires the ability to stay focused on very complex
and abstract concepts for extended periods of time.
WORK CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
Work is in an office and lab environment. As such, work may involve
interaction with high levels of AC/DC voltage and current and high
levels of RF power. Position is also required to have basic
soldering and assembly skills. May occasionally be required to
perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
10% travel is expected, can be international. Must be able to
obtain a passport and visas
Keywords: Analogic Corporation, Peabody , Senior RF Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!