Lead Firearms Instructor
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 28, 2018
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees.? Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.We are seeking a part time on call, Lead Firearms Instructor:Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact for Federal Flight Deck Officers when they arrive at the training venue, are responsible for checking them in, verifying weapons and credentials, conducting training and overseeing the course of fire at the gun-range. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all personnel on the range and securing SSI and SPII information during and after requalification sessions.?
- LFIs conduct all classroom instruction; delivering the approved TSA training and safety brief, introducing and describing new equipment, and ensuring all students understand and sign the safety briefing. The LFI ensures a minimum number of SFIs are present to maintain an instructor/student ratio of 1:6 for each training session.
- The LFI must ensure a sufficient inventory of training supplies is on-hand at the training venue to support monthly requalification sessions.
- The LFI is expected to maintain positive control of the training environment from the moment students arrive at the venue to the moment they depart. Upon students? arrival, the LFIs must verify weapons and credentials of each FFDO before training commences by visual inspection.?
- The LFI is responsible for ensuring proper scoring of targets, completion of applicable administrative forms, and collection of training data. The LFI is required sign and certify qualification scores for all FFDOs attempting to qualify. Failure of an FFDO to qualify also means that an authorized FAMS Representative and/or LFI takes custody of the unloaded weapon, transport device (lockbox), credential and other equipment for return to TSA/FAMS. If no authorized FAMS representative is present to receive the equipment, the LFI shall make immediate verbal notification to the FFDO Program Office in order to make the appropriate arrangements to return equipment and credentials.
- The LFI must keep all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2, Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy. The LFI is oversees time keeping of all SFI labor hours.?
- The LFI must comply with internal compliance training events.
- May participate in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.?
- Updates course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.?
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced instructors.?
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.?
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in course instruction
- Current or former federal law enforcement agent, officer, or civilian employee having completed a recognized federal firearm instructor training program deemed acceptable by the TSA/FAMS. Examples of a recognized federal firearms instructor programs include, but are not limited to, certified instructor graduates of FLETC Firearms Instructor Training program (FITP), FAMS Firearms Instructor Training Program, FBI/DEA Firearms Instructor Training Program, United States Postal Inspectors Firearms Instructor Training Program or equivalent federal training program.
- All LFIs must successfully complete a 2-3 days firearms re-qualification training program under the technical direction of the SAC, FAMS Training Division, and the FFDO Program Office. Areas of instruction shall include, but not to be limited to, the re-qualification course(s) of fire, procedural requirements for conducting the re-qualification session, and use of a GFE Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), and basic First Aid.Working Conditions:?
- Working Conditions The work is typically performed at an indoor or outdoor gun range. Employees will be required to handle weapons and ammunition in the course of their duties. Exposure to high volumes of noise due to the firing of weapons will occur and employees are required to wear hearing protection in the form of foam ear plugs as well as external hearing protection. Exposure to expelled gun-powder as a result of fired ammunition is expected; and the employees must wash hands after handling ammunition. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes; or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). *This position requires applicants to successfully complete the security application and pass a background investigation clearance prior to starting.??As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.? GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.#HCSDCJ WTTI04
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Peabody , Lead Firearms Instructor, Education / Teaching , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!