Medical Secretary General Internal Medicine Full Time
Company: Lahey Health
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Welcome To Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth
Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a
world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative
technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research.
A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the
hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty
and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and
treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national
leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight
management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps
to advance medicine through research and the education of
tomorrow's health care leaders.About the Job Position Summary:
Under general supervision of the Administrative Supervisor, and in
collaboration with physicians and other care providers, provides
secretarial and administrative support to one or more individuals
in a clinical environment. Utilizes specific knowledge of medical
terminology. Office Coordinator is in charge of the day-to-day
operations required to keep Neurosurgery Concord practice running
smoothly. This may include, organizing office operations and
procedures, preparing payroll, controlling correspondences, design
filing systems, review of supply requisitions, assigning and
monitoring clerical functions, managing patient information,
handling front office duties, including collection of copayments,
completing clerical tasks, scheduling appointments, filing
information and coordinating staff. Essential Duties &
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- General Medical Office Functions:
- Maintains physician and midlevel clinic schedules on a
- Processes and monitors Provider time away and ensures that the
information is captured in all required systems.
- Answers a high volume of telephone calls in a professional
manner and takes responsibility for appropriate dispositions and
follow through on all phone calls. Accurately identifies those
patients requiring immediate attention and relays this information
to the appropriate personnel.
- Utilizes Lahey Health electronic systems in order to record
thorough, and complete phone messages.
- Electronically facilitates patient prescriptions including new,
refills, faxes, and prescription preauthorizations.
- Uses electronic systems to enter provider orders and retrieve
- Facilitates collection of outside medical records and x rays
for Lahey patients and indexes paperwork for scanning process.
- Processes forms required for insurance approvals for scheduled
procedures, office visits, or tests.
- Transcribes a variety of documents including correspondence,
memos, and department/staff meeting minutes. Proofreads all
documents for accuracy and completeness.
- In surgical departments uses electronic OR scheduling systems
to view and print schedules. Monitors and track physician progress
- Maintains provider correspondence, reports, and
- Makes physician travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintains physician curriculum vitae, bibliography and
Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- Screens, sorts and distributes mail.
- Operates office equipment including (but not limited to) a
personal computer, Internet, voice mail, e-mail, paging systems,
copy machine, transcription equipment and fax.
- Assists in establishing a new physicians practice, ordering
business cards, office supplies etc.
- Works with provider and/or other care provider to provide
access to patients and facilitate work in appointments as
- Schedules patients for tests and consultations as directed by
the provider or other care provider.
- Communicates information to patients regarding requirements for
appointments and test preparation, as needed.
- Uses clinic-wide scheduling system for updating demographic and
insurance information to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Processes any physician or other care provider bump lists,
according to protocol ensuring all patients are provided and
notified of the new appointment.
- Organizational Requirements:
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement
and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description,
performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the
needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the
needs of the department.Minimum Qualifications:Education: High
school diploma or equivalent.Licensure, Certification,
Registration: None required.Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Knowledge of Medical terminology.Proficient in standard office
procedures and operation of business machines, (personal computer,
fax, telephone, dictaphone, others as appropriate).Excellent
customer service and interpersonal skills; organizational skills
and attention to detail. Experience: 3 years related office and/or
medical office experience.Shift 40-daysAbout Us Beth Israel Lahey
Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care
wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and
education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social
workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a
shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are
committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We
strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects
the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to
care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer
competitive salaries and benefits.Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Lahey Health, Peabody , Medical Secretary General Internal Medicine Full Time, Administration, Clerical , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!