Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Company: Analogic Corporation
Posted on: January 5, 2019
# of Openings
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis has a key role in leading Analogic s forecasting and analytical processes. The position is a senior-level hands-on leader responsible for driving the implementation of best practices, particularly around leveraging enterprise planning systems and forecasting. The position includes developing and executing financial forecasts and analyses, overseeing the generation of management reports, and monitoring key performance indicators in support of optimizing business decision making. The position will partner closely with the Company s senior management to drive insight into the business and results, and to help provide the analytic support for strategic decisions. Additionally, this person is responsible for presenting key business insights and recommendations to the Executive team and across divisions. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
* Participating as a key leader of the executive finance team, influencing decision making, identifying finance priorities, managing finance staff directly and indirectly
* Leading company-wide budget and quarterly target-setting processes, including forecasting of income statement, balance sheet and cash flows, as well as capital budgeting
* Developing, implementing and maintaining an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools (e.g. business intelligence and budgeting tools) to establish goals and measure performance
* Routinely communicating business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
* Leading the development, monitoring and reporting on operational metrics and driving process to improve consistent productivity and efficiency improvements
* Leads analysis that aids in the decision-making process and increased profitability and cash flow. Identifies or partners with management to identify opportunities for profitability enhancement.
* Works with divisional business managers to identify action plans to achieve targets and budgets. Drives collaboration across the business to maximize the effectiveness of the plans.
* Working closely with the divisional and departmental leadership to develop operational analysis and reporting; providing thought leadership in the creation of department level key metric dashboards
* Leadership role in provide analytical perspectives to important strategic decisions, including M&A activities (e.g. financial modeling and due diligence)
* Preparing presentations in support of board meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
* Partnering with the Company s Accounting team leadership for month-end and quarter-end close reporting
* Working with senior management and the leader of strategic planning to maintain a three-year long range plan that incorporates the financial impacts of Company strategies and initiatives
* Performing ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions
* Supports Investor Relations, to achieve consistency in internal and external financial assessments. Ensures critical information and insights are provided to support communications with analysts.
* Develops and monitors appropriate metrics focused on the P&L, balance sheet and free cash flow (such as ROIC). Drives appropriate discipline and controls around operating and capital spending. Monitors that working capital is efficiently and effectively being used (inventory and AR focus).
* Ensures complete ROI analysis as part of Engineering-project quotation review process.
* Support evaluation of product/service pricing as well as sales force compensation planning.
* Bachelor s degree in finance or accounting; MBA or CPA preferred
* 12+ years of financial planning and analysis experience in a global growth-oriented manufacturing company, with exposure to foreign currencies a plus
* Strong communication and relationship building skills at senior levels, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals
* Systems savvy - experience with tier-one ERP and Business Performance Management tools is a plus
* Excellent MS Office and modeling skills are required
* Able to synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to create useful information and concise analyses
* Able to effectively manage projects; results oriented and able to roll-up the sleeves in order to accomplish necessary tasks
* Able to work in a fast pace, high-growth environment
* Proven track record of leadership, including mentoring, coaching, and the development of staff
* Has highest standards of integrity reflected in all external and internal communications
* Self-motivated, high energy, respectful, honest, hard-working and loyal team player.
Keywords: Analogic Corporation, Peabody , Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!